- 24 small flat-based ice-cream cones
- 4 cups mixed lollies
- Colored sprinkles, to decorate
- 2 1 / 2 tblsps gelatine
- 1 1 / 2 cups water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 / 2 tsp red food coloring
- 1 / 4 tsp strawberry essence
1. Stand cones upright in a deep tray lined with a paper towel. Divide lollies among cones.
2. To make marshmallow, sprinkle gelatine over water in a medium saucepan. Add sugar. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, then boil gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool at room temperature until lukewarm. Stir in food colouring and essence.
3. Beat marshmallow mixture in a large bowl with an electric mixer for about 4 minutes, or until thick and of piping consistency. Spoon mixture into a large piping bag fitted with a 1cm-round tube.
4. Working quickly, pipe marshmallow rosettes on top of cones. Dip rosettes in sprinkles. Leave at room temperature to set.